About Me

My photo
Aloha! I am Kara Lynn Sanders. Most people call me Kai (rhymes with hi, sky and bye). I am originally from Heaven (just trying to make my way back). I am a daughter of God and am directed by Him to do His work according to His purposes. My greatest passion is being a mom to the super, ultra-coolest son. His name is Wisdom. He is my heart beating outside of my chest. He has given me my dream career and is my dream client. We were created to change the world for good. Other things about me. I am: *A humanitarian (born on Human Rights Day), *A CBB (Chief Bushel Blaster) and *An Every.Black Entrepreneurial Mastermind. *A Mastermind through the Motivation Reader's Mastermind Network I hope you enjoy being here with me. Thank you for investing your time here. I hope you enjoy many returns. Enjoy creating your amazing day. May your choices make it the best day ever. Peace, Love and God's continued blessings. Always...(s.m.i.l.e.)

Friday, September 6, 2013

1 Nephi 1:14-15 - Great and Marvelous!

1 Nephi 1:14-15 ~

And it came to pass that when my father had read and seen many great and marvelous things, he did exclaim many things unto the Lord; such as: Great and marvelous are thy works, O Lord God Almighty!  Thy throne is high in the heavens, and thy power, and goodness, and mercy, are over all the inhabitants of the earth; and, because thou art merciful, thou wilt not suffer those who come unto thee that they shall perish!

And after this manner was the language of my father in the praising of his God; for his soul did rejoice, and his whole heart was filled, because of the things which he had seen, yea, which the Lord had shown unto him.

I am so grateful for the example of Lehi's attitude.  We read what Lehi experiences in the visions he has.  Yet, despite seeing the destruction of Jerusalem Lehi focuses on  the positive and exclaims his joy because of God's power, goodness and mercy.  The wording Nephi uses or claims from his father's record is that God's power, goodness and mercy are over ALL the inhabitants of the earth.  This means to me that God has  control and could control us by His power, but His goodness leaves us open to learning and His mercy heals and repairs any mistakes we could make in the process of growing.  No wonder Lehi is filled with praise for his God.  I am too!

Despite what he saw in the way of destruction he praised God for His construction of lives that dedicated themselves to Him.  What a mighty, awesome, wonderful God we serve!  And what two great examples we have to open the Book of Mormon.  Nephi praising God despite the afflictions he suffered.  He mentions the afflictions but honors Father by denoting the favor he felt from Him!  And here is Lehi, not discouraged by what he has seen regarding the unrighteous but rejoicing because of what he’s seen for the righteous.  

 I imagine that part of that joy came from recognizing that if he did his part there would be opportunities for the unrighteous to repent and claim the blessings of righteousness.  Why wouldn’t you rejoice knowing that? 
I think that’s why I’m so happy despite the wickedness that surrounds me.  First I understand and utilize the Atonement and second I am also working for the salvation of others by not keeping Christ to myself.  So I understand where Lehi is coming from.  I understand why his soul did rejoice and why his WHOLE heart was filled.  And it is beautiful and amazing. 

I am reminded of a song by Fred Hammond.  It's called "Keep On Praisin'" and can be found here on You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIeOx40UYY8.  The song simply says that no matter what you're going through "Keep On Praisin'" because it's the Lord that will see you through.  It's one of my favorite songs.  Lehi's attitude reminds me of it even though the circumstances surrounding his life were much harsher.  The things he saw were despairing but he didn't focus on that he focused on his faith and that brought him joy.  He knew that joy personally as he had been saved from his own wretched ways at points in his life and I know he longed for others to feel of the same. 

Thank You Father for the examples of these two men whose lives were dedicated to Your purposes to bring forth righteousness.  I anticipate being able to do the same…  I know am doing the same, maybe not as Lehi did but it is according to Your will, Your purpose, and Your timing for my life!  May it continue to be so!  

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment