About Me

My photo
Aloha! I am Kara Lynn Sanders. Most people call me Kai (rhymes with hi, sky and bye). I am originally from Heaven (just trying to make my way back). I am a daughter of God and am directed by Him to do His work according to His purposes. My greatest passion is being a mom to the super, ultra-coolest son. His name is Wisdom. He is my heart beating outside of my chest. He has given me my dream career and is my dream client. We were created to change the world for good. Other things about me. I am: *A humanitarian (born on Human Rights Day), *A CBB (Chief Bushel Blaster) and *An Every.Black Entrepreneurial Mastermind. *A Mastermind through the Motivation Reader's Mastermind Network I hope you enjoy being here with me. Thank you for investing your time here. I hope you enjoy many returns. Enjoy creating your amazing day. May your choices make it the best day ever. Peace, Love and God's continued blessings. Always...(s.m.i.l.e.)

Thursday, September 5, 2013

1 Nephi 1:1 - Goodly Parents...Earthly and Divine

1 Nephi 1:1

I, Nephi, having been born of goodly parents, therefore I was taught somewhat in all the learning of my father; and having seen many afflictions in the course of my days, nevertheless having been highly favored of the Lord in all my days; yea, having had a great knowledge of the goodness and the mysteries of God, therefore I make a record of my proceedings in my days. 

I am grateful to be starting the Book of Mormon again.  This is quite the introduction.  Nephi teaches or shows his maturity as he walks back in time.  But this introduction says a lot.  The statement that stood out to me when I read was about how he's seen afflictions, MANY afflictions, in the course of his days BUT he was highly favored of God ALL of his days.  It was his having great knowledge about the goodness of God and His mysteries that led to his favor with God.  It shows he studied.  And he showed himself approved. 

Now, as I wrote this out, the very first statement struck me and leads back to the one I just mentioned.  See Nephi's parents were goodly so he was taught in their learning.  It says his father's learning but I imagine he was taught of both of them.; through his mother's nurturing and his father's education.  This is how Nephi came to know of God's goodness and His mysteries.  His father taught him so he would learn to develop a relationship of his own with Father.  God then showed Nephi HIS goodness ALL of Nephi's days, even before Nephi was conscious to it.  Looking back in his conscious spiritual state, I'm sure that even through the challenges Nephi saw the hand of God all over his life.

Interestingly enough if I use Nephi's definition of goodly parents I, too, have goodly parents because I was taught in their learning.  I, too, have reaped the benefits Nephi has but not because I followed my parents.  They have been the best examples for me of what not to do.  Therefore I consider them goodly because I never plan to walk in either of their paths.  It is good to have their examples so clearly before me.  It is even better to have the example of goodly, as well as righteous, parents by the record Nephi keeps of his.

I am grateful for this beginning to my study.  I look forward to continuing to recognize the goodness of God in ALL of my days and to have His mysteries revealed unto me as I continue in my studies of His word.  I am grateful for the afflictions that come because it is during that time that His goodness is revealed.  Thank You Father for this and more.  In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment