About Me

My photo
Aloha! I am Kara Lynn Sanders. Most people call me Kai (rhymes with hi, sky and bye). I am originally from Heaven (just trying to make my way back). I am a daughter of God and am directed by Him to do His work according to His purposes. My greatest passion is being a mom to the super, ultra-coolest son. His name is Wisdom. He is my heart beating outside of my chest. He has given me my dream career and is my dream client. We were created to change the world for good. Other things about me. I am: *A humanitarian (born on Human Rights Day), *A CBB (Chief Bushel Blaster) and *An Every.Black Entrepreneurial Mastermind. *A Mastermind through the Motivation Reader's Mastermind Network I hope you enjoy being here with me. Thank you for investing your time here. I hope you enjoy many returns. Enjoy creating your amazing day. May your choices make it the best day ever. Peace, Love and God's continued blessings. Always...(s.m.i.l.e.)

Thursday, September 12, 2013

1 Nephi 2:20-23 - A Ruler and A Teacher

1 Nephi 2

20 And inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments, ye shall prosper, and shall be led to a land of promise; yea, even a land which I have prepared for you; yea, a land which is choice above all other lands.

21 And inasmuch as thy brethren shall rebel against thee, they shall be cut off from the presence of the Lord.

22 And inasmuch as thou shalt keep my commandments, thou shalt be made a ruler and a teacher over thy brethren.

I am grateful for these personal messages to me so I can better understand my journey and my messages.  Personally speaking, I know that my choice land, my promised land is Africa.  I'm only going there by keeping the commandments, God's personal commandments, for my life.  That's all I want to do anyway!  I know I'm prospering in the way Christ does and I know the lord will provide funds, too, as I need them.  Then it talks about my "brethren" again.  

This message I feel is directly related to my brothers of African ancestry, the men I'm seeing myself engaged with in conversation daily.  It's interesting that the lord tells Nephi that when his brothers rebel against him they will be cut off from God, His blessings, His Spirit, His favor, etc.  Why?  This seems like such a harsh consequence for ignoring their little brother.  Well...think about it!  If God sends someone to you with a message especially when you've been praying for it OR when it's been something in your heart, and your reject the message and/or the messenger then you are rejecting Him who sent them.  This is how this feels...way too often!  

Ohhhh...the"easy" stuff can be swallowed like a drink of cold water on a hot day.  But the stuff that means you have to change or is outside your realms of imagination because you've never heard it before is more like trying to swallow sand in the desert.  In those instances you've got to sit back, relax and experiment upon the word.  If it comes from God He will give you favor and confirm the word, just like He did for Nephi.  He confirms it to the mind and to the heart!  But this cannot come if you don't wanna know and my brothers act like they don't wanna know.  And that is hard for me to swallow, like the sand in the desert!

I can understand why Nephi is so grieved because his brothers could know for themselves.  Interestingly enough Nephi is also promised that he would be a ruler and a teacher over his brethren inasmuch as he keeps the commandments.  I see this as true in my life too but really wish it wasn't.  It is such a heavy responsibility.  Since it is though I pray and am working for it to not remain that way.  I want to dispense knowledge in a way it can be applied and then taught again without it being corrupted.  That's what Jesus wanted and it's what He did.  It's how He taught.  

The only reason His message became corrupt is because the people who heard it listened in their corrupt state of mind and passed it on in that same state thereby corrupting the message. It was no longer the message Jesus originally spoke but a version void of the real meaning.  As it has continued through the centuries, modified by corrupt men and women, people gather whatever meaning they want from the words Jesus spoke and fit them into the way they want to live their lives.  The true way to live the gospel is by learning God's ways and His meaning of His words to live the life He has ordained.  This the essence of eternal life, God's life!

We can claim our inheritance in this life and really we are supposed to as we submit to God's will.  If we are living His life, eternal life here, it simply continues when we enter the estate.  Oh to get my brothers to understand would be a blessing.  And even more so with my sisters.  One step at a time...  I just want no one to rebel.  I just want to be that teacher only ruling over myself, teaching others how to rule where they are called and nowhere else.  I'm not trying to be more than I am.  I just want to be who God needs me to be.  That's been more than I anticipated but I've asked to be used so He's going to qualify me so I can be worthy to be used.  I'm willing to do that; to go through the cleansing, purifying process to live God's life and be used for His purposes. 

I know Nephi felt the same way.  That's why I declare, as he did, that I have many afflictions through the course of my days but know God's goodness ALL of them.  Because I have submitted to His will for my life and tried to show God that my mind Loves Him by studying His word the life of His Son, then mysteries have been unfolded to me and I rejoice.  I pray I am worthy to lead others to do, feel and be the same. 

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment